Followers

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Color Pop in the Drizzle

I haven't blogged in a while, so here goes...

Last week, it rained. We stayed inside with the boys all morning, through the middle of the day, and into the afternoon. Things went pretty well until afternoon, when little irritations started to really grate on people. When everyone stays cooped up in the house for too long, things can get kind of ugly. Serendipitously, the neighbors invited the kids over to play. Reset button, start again, whsew!

I sat down at the computer, finally able to wrap my head around my "much more important" work. I glanced at my email, and the subject line caught my attention: "Get outside whatever the weather." I opened the email. It was an advertisement for a new line of clothing. But, the words stuck out to me. I had been contemplating a walk since morning, so I knew I needed to get outside, even though it was raining and cold. I told Erin "I need to move my body. I'm going outside for a walk. Be back shortly!"

As I walked, I began noticing the way colors seemed to appear much more vibrant than usual. It was as if each color popped out from the dull gray surroundings. The wetness served to make the colors more vibrant and alive. I decided to photograph some perceptions that stopped me. It turned out to be a pleasant walk, in spite of (or because of!) the weather.

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Color Pop in the Drizzle

I haven't blogged in a while, so here goes... Last week, it rained. We stayed inside with the boys all morning, through the middle of th...